Trekking in the province of Palermo
“Being able to touch the sky: in Sicily you can!”
We offer you a unique and exciting experience: a guided trek to discover Monte San Calogero (1326slm) in the province of Palermo, near Termini Imerese. Nature, sport and good local food.
- Program : Meeting point with the hiking guide in Termini Imerese. Continue towards Piano Santa Maria 800slm (Caccamo), from there follow a path of about 4km. with an altitude difference of about 500mt., average time of ascent 90 / 120min. descent 60 / 90min.
During the route in the first part you will cross a beautiful holm oak (Sicilian oak), in the second part you will pass to a much more barren environment but with breathtaking views. On the summit, in addition to admiring the view from Cefalù to Palermo and beyond, there are the remains of a 15th century church built by the devotees of San Calogero, in its vicinity a beautiful rainwater collection tank and a Dolmen from the megalithic age.
While admiring the landscape you can enjoy a tasting of typical local products.
During the descent you cannot miss the passage to the source of San Calogero.
- On request other excursions:
- Full day excursion: Departure at 09:30 from Termini Imerese; Return to Termini Imerese by 5.00 pm. Max 15 people
- Sunrise: Departure at 02:00 from Termini Imerese. Return to Termini Imerese by 09:00. Max 10 people
- Sunset: Departure from Termini Imerese to be established based on the expected time and period of sunset. As a rule, you will have to leave at least 4 hours before sunset. Return based on the time of departure from the summit.